Monday, December 9, 2013

12/2/2013

Hey family.
Glad to here that you all had a great thanksgiving, we had a great one too
So it sounds like by the time I get home I wont recognize the organization of the ward anymore.
So RED 2, when did that come out?
The reason I called a hour behind is because I called grandpa at the arranged time, but grandma was asleep, so I didn't want to wake her up so I told grandpa that I would call back in a hour.

So this week was good. thanksgiving was great! we had dinner at the Liddell house, they are a family inthe ward, and the Davidsons where there also, so there was around 20 people total, there was a lot of good food, I've never been so full in my life! I didn't eat much for the next two days because how full I was. We also played some foot ball in the morning with the ward, and that was fun.
 
We are also beginning to teach kim, she is the wife to a member who has become more active now, we went over with there home teacher and talked to them about the plan of salvation and family history work, she recently lost her mother in august or June I think.
We where able to teach her about sealing's and the temple, you could tell that she was feeling the spirit, so it was nice to be able to teach someone, we haven't done a whole lot of that since ive been here, we are still trying to meet with Abdur but he is either busy or not home, so we are going to keep on trying. Haven't met with Jason since we last taught him, which was about a couple of weeks ago, but we are going to make more of a effort to meet with him this week. The appointment that we had with Rita fell through. so we aren't sure if she still wants us to meet with us or not. I wish more people where honest in there dealings, it would save us allot of trouble.
 
That's cool that you guys get to conduct meetings at the nursing home, that well give mom more of a opportunity to take the sacrament more openly.
It was really nice to be able to talk to grandma, she seemed in good sprits, im happy that she is, its an answer to my prayers I'm hoping that she can stay happy.
Love you all, I hope you all have a great week.
-Elder Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment