Thursday, May 29, 2014

last email home...

5/27/2014

Good Morning Family.
 Well this I really sad that this is most likely going to be my last email home :(
 I hope you all had a great memorial day, ours was pretty good, we played softball with the ward from 9-12 and then went to the ward picnic and after a group of members and us missionaries played some touch rugby, we played for a good 1 or so, so right now every muscle in my body is sore. But it was fun nonetheless. And after we went up to a members house and did some fishing, it was fun as well, I caught 6 fish total, but I was just doing catch and release, I'll send some of the pictures that I took.
    So things that happened this week.
Well we dropped Nick this week, he wasn't going anywhere and it seems that he tried his hardest to oppose everything that we believe, but he did it in a kind way, I guess that would be the best way to describe it, so we just told him our purpose as missionaries and that we are here to invite people to come unto Christ through the restored gospel. But we told him the we where glad to meet him, and this week we will be going over to get his contact info, to stay in touch in case he has questions.
But I think something good still came out of it all.I have a feeling that he likes the church and the morals we have and I get the feeling that he might stand up for the church when it is citified, because I told him that he was one of the nicest ministers I've met on my mission and that others just want to rip out throats out, he was surprised that people really do that, and he said that those people are way out of line for saying false things.
    Also taught Matthew, we taught about keeping the Sabbath day holy and why its important, and it went really well. and they came to church on Sunday, so this week we will be setting up a baptismal calendar with him.
 We weren't able to meet with Randall or abdur. but we did get to meet with MaryAnn this week, its been a long time since we have been able to see her, and she mentioned that she missed us coming over, so that is a sign that she does like our visits.
 
 Yep that was our week.
 I look forward to seeing you all in a week, im excited and nervous and scared about the whole idea about coming home.
love you all
-Elder Dixon
The 2nd fish that I caught
 
 The 4th fish that I caught
 My companion Elder England

 The last fish I caught he was the biggest, he was the only on the I kept to eat, but some how he got off the line we had all the rest of the fish on, so he got away, probably had the line rip through is gills.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment