Monday, January 20, 2014

1/13/14


Goodbye Grandma you will be missed by many, I look forward to seeing you again some day. (Jacob's Grandma passed away on Sunday 1/12/14)
I'm thankful that I was able to talk to her on Thursday, I know it meant allot to her and to me as well, the conversation was only like 15 minuets, but she was in and out, but I told her that loved her and missed her and she said that she loved me to, I will admit that I did cry for awhile after the phone call, probably one of the few times that I've done so on my mission. I'm doing ok, I'm sad about the whole thing, but I'm glad that the pain is over with, and for the knowledge that I have about the gospel helps me when these kind of things happen.
 
     So this week was good, besides the bad news about grandma (Davis). We did get to teach Kiem the lesson about the restoration of the gospel, it went great, we watched the restoration DVD when we started talking about Joseph Smith and we pushed the date back to Feb 2nd, she is so ready and she is really excited about it all. she came to church on Sunday and stayed for the 1st and 2nd hour, she liked it and allot of the members talked to her when they came. so that was our high light of the week. and we will be meeting with her on Tuesday and Fridays now, and she is reading the book of Mormon from the beginning and is liking it so far.
 
Thanks for letting me know about the funeral arrangements, you'll have to tell me how it goes in the next email.
 I hope that you get a new boss that is great, do you think they might ask you? Just wondering
and the Vellingas already know about grandma, we had dinner at there house yesterday.
 
Well I hope you all have a good week.love you all
-Elder Jacob Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment